Multi Cultural Kids Craft: Romanian Horezu Rooster



This is the activity I have featured today over at Grown In My Heart.

Attention: Tom the Turkey would like you to meet his distant relative Horezu the Rooster. Tom is hoping some time out of the Thanksgiving spotlight might be to his advantage. He is afraid of a little thing called over exposure.

The Rooster is a popular traditional motif found on Romanian pottery, particularly in the town of Horezu, Romania. Using the template provided you can decorate your own Horezu Rooster.

Romanian Horezu Rooster
Download template

Color in using markers or paint

Dip a cotton swab or the eraser end of a pencil in paint to decorate rooster

6 comments:

Happy Hermit (happilyhiddenhermit@gmail.com) said...

thanks

Amy said...

I learned something new today.. THanks...

maryanne said...

This rooster is very cute - and I love the idea of Tom the Turkey introducing Horezu the Rooster!

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea!

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

I LOVE this! Anything that promotes multiculturalism is great, but this is fabulous. Love the template!

Basia - United Teaching said...

I have given you a blog award. Please check my blog for details. Thanks for all the great tutorials!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs